Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Laser Facial Risks And How A Caudalie Facial Helped Save My Skin

laser facial side effects
As bloggers, we are oftentimes invited to try out new local experiences. I write about fashion and beauty, and as a result, I'm always scoping out the newest skincare/beauty launches and treatments in Miami. In February, I had a "laser facial." Lured by the promise of renewed, glowing skin, I went in for my appointment with high hopes. The truth is, I should never have done anything because there was nothing wrong with it. At the time, I had a great routine going; my skin was already healthy and hydrated. I've never had an issue with dryness...until this "facial." The results were terrible. As you can see, I ended up with squares imprinted on my face, from the laser nozzle. After the red square patterns faded, I was left with extreme dry patches all over. I also have lots of texture that I never had before. 

It's now May, three months later, and my skin is JUST getting back to normal. 
I credit Vanessa (a great aesthetician) over at Caudalie Brickell City Centre, because she gave me an incredible, hydrating facial. I have plans to go back next months! Below, I've got a full breakdown of the products she used, plus outfit details. 

Caudalie Brickell City Center: 701 S. Miami Ave
Spa Facial Menu here.
E-mail to book a facial at Caudalie


Outside the Caudalie boutique and spa - Brickell City Centre

The facial takes place in the spa room at the Caudalie boutique. The room is dimly lit, with a comfortable table and soothing music. If you take steam before your facials, you have that option as well.

Vanessa began the treatment by placing warm towels over my face.  She did this in between mask and scrub applications, so that the treatments really penetrated.  To begin, she combined the Caudalie Foaming Cleanser with the Gentle Cleansing Milk to wash away impurities. Next, she applied the Caudalie Gentle Buffing Cream which is formulated for sensitive skin. It buffs away dead skin, polishes, nourishes and brightens. A spritz of Caudalie Grape Water  followed. This helped freshen and hydrate. Vanessa next applied The Caudalie Moisturizing Mask - one of my favorite products. It was very soothing and relaxing, and was applied with the softest brush. Next up: the Vinosource Fluid Matte followed by the S.O.S. Thirst Quencing Serum. The Overnight Recovery Oil was the last product applied to my skin. I've continued to use it since my facial and had had great, moisturizing results. I sometimes use it in place of my night cream. It's a great product and smells fantastic. 
Caudalie Grape Water - helps calm and hydrate the skin, perfect before makeup application or after facials with extractions or peels.

Caudalie Moisturizing Mask, Overnight Recovery Oil, Vinosource Moisturizing SorbetSOS Thirst Quenching Serum - all used during my hydrating facial. 

http://bit.ly/2pWEOQi
Caudalie Gentle Buffing Creme






I really enjoyed my facial with Caudalie. There are a variety of options to choose from. View the full spa menu here. 

I am wearing: 
Be Buddhaful Tee by Beyond Yoga c/o Bollare
Sanuk Gora Gora Slides c/o Bollare *these are the most comfortable shoes* 
Denim Jacket by Blank NYC c/o Bollare
Targe cross body (old)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...