Wednesday, April 6, 2016

New MAC Collections 2016: Future MAC and MAC Future Forward

M.A.C. FUTURE forward COLLECTION 2016


MAC HALSEY

Two M.A.C. collections recently debuted; M.A.C. Future Forward Collection and M.A.C. Future M.A.C! Let's chat about them!

The M.A.C. Future Forward Collection is a collaboration between four female musical artists. Each artist is responsible for one product. The collection only has four products, which are all online exclusives: the Tinashe x9 Shadow palette (currently available), the Lion Babe gold liquid liner, the Halsey lipstick (currently available) and the Dej Loaf lip glass.
mac future forward


mac future forward



The shadows and liquid liner are my favorite products.
  • The Tinashe shadow palette doesn't just contain basic colors but rather, has fun colors like a pale green and a unique gray, that make it stand out.  
  • The gold Lion Babe eyeliner is beautiful. I think it would suit many skin tones but is gorgeous applied on on deeper tones. It is a deep, gold color that has bronze undertones. So beautiful!
  • Dej Loaf lip glass is a classic lip glass in a bronze/terracota color. This one wasn't for me. I feel like it definitely suites deeper skin tones rather than mine. For me, it brought out the red undertones in my skin because it has red notes in it. Not my thing. I will say, however, that when worn over a lip liner, it does look a lot prettier.
  • Lastly, the MAC Halsey lipstick is sure to be a cult favorite, but it's not going to be mine. I know this lipstick will take off. It's probably going to sell out in seconds, but this dark gray shade is not wearable in my worklife, and I wouldn't wear it at night, either. 
This is an online-only collection. Launch dates: Tinashe 3/17; Halsey 3/31; Dej Loaf 4/14, Lion Babe 4/28 
MAC DEJ LOAF LIPGLASS
Dej Loaf lip glass
Lion Babe liquid liner
MAC DEJ LOAF LIPGLASS

Halsey lipstick

Tinashe palette 


M.A.C. FUTURE M.A.C COLLECTION 2016


The other M.A.C. collection launching is the FUTURE MAC collection. This is a pretty large collection with 20 + products.  The collection contains three mineralized eye shadow quads. I've read mixed reviews on these, but my experience was positive. I thought that the eye shadow quads had good color payoff. They shades were very soft and pigmented.  I do recommend wearing them with an eye base or primer. There are three mineralize shadow quads are Dark Energy (metallic silvers and blues)  Full Orbit (bronze and warm) and Nano Nude (neutrals). The mineralize formula makes these easy to blend.  The swatches below did not do these justice; it was very difficult to catch them on camera.
MAC Full Orbit
MAC Full Orbit Swatch


MAC Full Orbit


MAC Dark Energy 

I was excited to try the Lustre Drops - the color I have is Barbados Girl. It looks like a beautiful warm bronze in the tube, but when blended out on my skin, this left an orange tinge, leaving behind silver glitter. A better option for pale girls like myself would be the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess Summer Glow Illuminator drops (more dewy and less glittery). Barbados girl would be great for olive to deeper skin tones.

Lustre Drops in Barbados Girl
Barbados Girl
Barbados Girl blended out
Barbados Girl blended out

MAC In Extreme Dimension Mascara


M.A.C. Mineralize Glass in shade The Zone appears dark brown and slightly bronze in the tube but swatched out to more of a mauve brown. It has gold flecks. The formula for Mineralize Glass is less sticky than the classic Lip Glass. This color would be really pretty worn with a nude liner underneath.
MAC Mineralize Glass in The Zone

Mineralize Glass in The Zone



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...