Sunday, August 16, 2015

Hosting Lunch with Earl Jeans


Before I developed a love for the finer things in life (ha), I fell in love with jeans.  Yep, regular denim.  To this day, I own an obscene amount of denim.  The number of pairs of jeans that I call 'mine', is embarrassing, so I'll spare you the exact numerical value.

When I was a teenager in high school, online shopping was just sort of starting to take off.  I remember the biggest websites were Amazon, that had just launched, and Bluefly.  Bluefly was where I procured my very first piece by Earl Jeans,  denim pencil skirt, with a straight cut and a  light wash.  It was perfect and hit at the knee. I was so excited about it!  I was 15, living the dream, aaand my parent's paid for it!
Those were the 90's, and while my love of all things sartorial only grew, I never forgot the cool,
it-girl vibe me and my Earl Jean skirt had going on.  Aside from large denim providers like Guess and Bongos, I don't really remember any  high-end denim lines being in business at the time, other than Earl.

But, as with all good things, the line faded a bit, and then our friends as Seven For All Mankind took over the luxury denim market.
picture of friends laughing and eating around the dinner table
Juliana, Annie & Ginger
Today, Earl Jean has re-branded and introduced itself back on then scene as an affordable, premium denim and clothing brand.  The line is carried at Macy's, Steinmart, Belk's, and more.  It's not just strictly limited to jeans, either.  You can find tunics, vests, and tops.  I've incorporated some of their tops into my workwear looks and they look great underneath blazers. 

I recently had the opportunity to host an Earl brand lunch for some of my Miami social media besties. The lunch was held at Love Is Blind in Coral Gables and it was an amazing time.  The service was top notch and the food was delicious and flavorful.  For those of you who have never been, you must order the mushroom gnocchi and the chicken. 

I created the tablescape with with Earl Jean cosmetic pouches, personalized name cards, and potted succulents by Cristy Hevia of CH Creations (Instagram).  Pictures of what I wore will be coming up in a future post.  Some photos by Gissi J.

menu for Love is Blind in coral gables
Clockwise: Short rib pizza, chicken, mushroom gnocchi and ham and cheese croquettes 



miami fashion bloggers
Afroza, Gissi & Meli, all wearing Earl Jeans.
Kelly, Erika, Juliana and Kathy (who gets the photo credit for this pic).
Love Is Blind restaurant in Miami, Florida
Photo by Tati of Own Your Glam

Love is blind Restaurant, Miami

Top miami bloggers
Gissi J & Meli
Tablescape design using succulents

Succulent and rustic themed party

rustic table scape for a party

setting up a rustic table

using succulents to create a tablescape


using succulents to decorate a table for a party
Photo by Kathy of Freshly Squeezed Fashionista
Decorating mason jars as gifts and party favors




Love is Blind photos of the interior of the restaurant

2 comments:

  1. What a fun fabulous idea!! I love how you decorated everything-- super cute. I can't wait to see more pics mama!❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had such a great time!!!!
    Muah!

    www.melificent.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...