Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Bobbi Brown, Clarins, Estee Lauder & More Beauty Products

Hi! This month’s Beauty File is filled with tried and tested beauty products that have made my list.  I’ve personally tried each of these and recommend them all.  Most are shadows and lip products.  The first three are Bobbi Brown because I'm on a Bobbi Brown kick lately. 
Actual products and swatches after the cut.
new and affordable makeup products

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in color the color Bronze.  No surprise here! This cult classic has a huge following, with due reason.  The colors all blend together to create the perfect, bronzy flushed cheek hue.  Bobbi Brown Master make up artist, Rogelio Reyna applied it on me a few months back, when I attended a master class he taught.  Dip your brush in the product, and make the number “3” on your face, starting on your temples, ending near your jawline.  
Tip: the lightest color in the compact is the perfect cheek highlight for me.  I use my finger to apply it – dipping my pinky in the product and applying it directly to my cheeks.
 
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Limited Edition colors
I tweeted this picture out a few weeks back.
Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Bronze, on left and in Sandstone, on right.

Bobbi Brown Le Greige Fall 2015 Collection – this collection of gray and navy toned hues debuts just in time for Fall.  I love a gray, deep toned pallete. I haven’t tried the eyeshadows but I really want to get my hands on them.  I have tried a few other products from this collection that are top quality.
  • Bobbi Brown ‘Greige’ Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick in Midnight: This is a creamy, super blendable long wearing navy cream shadow.  I use this three ways:  1) Blend it all over my eyelids with my fingers, and slightly up into the crease, to get a great, smoky look.  2) Blend it all over my lids and use it as a base for powder shadows, to make the color more vibrant and 3) as a thick liner, applied directly from the tube.
  • Tip: these work well in conjunction with one another.  I like to use this color as well as the color Pink Sparkle, and blend them together on my lid, placing pink sparkle near my tear duct and inner lid, and Midnight on the outer lid.  This combo creates the prettiest gradient on the lid, and lasts a very long time.
  • Bobbi Brown Intense Pigment Liner in the color Midnight: I can’t say enough great things about this limited edition product.  It’s pure pigment – no fillers.  Just deep hues.  I use a flat liner brush, sprayed with Mac’s Fix Plus, to line my eyes with the colors.  The trio of shades come in a mirroredcompact.  This product has endless possibilities in terms of creating the perfect smoky eye.  There is a lot of product in this compact
Bobbi Brown Intense Eye Pigment MidnightBobbi Brown intense eyeliner and pigment in midnight

Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy Matte Lipsticks:  These just hit store shelves in August. I was playing at the makeup counter and tested these out. Bold color  From rich purples to bright oranges, these are 12 lightweight, super-rich, matte lippies.  Jordan Smalls collaborated on this collection and the burgundy shades look so good on her. 
Matte lipsticks by Estee Lauder are super bold and rich

Sol de Janeiro: SDJ sent over a package a few weeks back (my snap below - follow me on snapchat, by the way: @FashionableESQ).  As a full-time lawyer, I'm on my feet a LOT. Generally, for long periods of time, and in pretty uncomfortable shoes.  The Samba Foot Fetish Cream and the accompanying smoothing board (that little cute thing in the picture that looks like a mini surfboard), does wonders for my feet. 
Sol De Janeiro brazilian anti cellulite cream
Also pictured, Brazilian Bum Bum Cream (Anti-Cellulite and firming cream.  Formulated with GuaranĂ¡—which has almost 5 times more caffeine than coffee to tighten the skin and improve circulation) & Brazilian Golden Body Veil (body hair bleach) 
A lip combo that I've come to love on me is the Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfecter in color '03-My Pink' paired with NYX Matte Lipstick in Spirit Espirit.
NYX makeup and lipsticks

Model Launcher  cosmetics is a Miami based makeup company with good quality products.  Their Google Plus page:  +MODELLAUNCHER TV has cool makeup tutorial videos using their products.  Pictured below: The felt tip liner in Emerald Isle (I love the color on this one, in between emerald green and turquoise),   Liquid Lipstick in Zona Rosa and the chubby lip pencil in color Demure, for it's bright coral color and it's moisturizing feel.  
New makeup company with rich lipsticks

Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Shadows: A drugstore find that I'm raving about! These are the best drugstore shadows I've tried.  They're very pigmented and silky. The color payoff is great. I love them. They're under $5 each.  Pictured here are Bella Pink and Bella Emerald. 

Urban Decay Moondust shadow in Solstice: I am obsessed with this eyeshadow line, in particular, the shade 'Solstice.'  It's duo-chrome goodness, catching the light as you move, and reflecting different colors.  These apply wet or dry, but for super intense pigmentation, apply them wet. 


Nude Progenius Rescue Oil: I have only been using this for about two weeks.  I'm excited about it because it has great reviews but it did make me break out already - which could be the purging effects of the Coleus root and organic Rosemary extracts - which are touted as "nature's best purifying ingredients."  I can say that after the first week, it was not breaking me out anymore.



1 comment:

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...