Thursday, March 27, 2014

OOTD: Hair Turban How To

A hair turban is a great accessory to keep around if you're a long haired girl, like me.  My bangs are growing out now and they're annoying, so I like to keep them out of my face by wearing a top knot or pony tail.  But because I prefer the way I look with my hair down, (and I try to look presentable), I will not always venture out in public in a messy bun.

boho chic hair turban how to

styling a hair turban with bangs

In comes the hair turban, the chic hair accessory that can extend the life of your blowout.
Click below for my step-by-step on how to wear one!


 How To Wear A Hair Turban:
  • I wear mine with the elastic band over the back of my head,
  • Nudge the back elastic band upward slightly, to create a little volume at the back of my head.  
  • Center the front knot of the turban just beneath my hairline.  
  • I slick back my bangs and brush the rest of my hair back, as if I was going to pull it up into a  loose, messy, ponytail with no center part. 
  • Pull your hair down, covering your ears. 
Miami fashion blogger and lawyer

the fashionable ESQ Esquire MIami

For this look, I paired a slogan tee / graphic tee ("Coco Made Me Poor") and some slouchy pants. The tee is oversized with wide armholes so I put on a cute lace bralette underneath.  I'm once again, mixing navy and black.  I think that if you're going to do a hair accessory like the one I have on, it is best to keep the entire look relaxed and laid back.

styling a hair turban hippie boho

coconut grove boutiques

OOTD HAIR TURBAN

OOTD hair turban how to style


coconut grove boutiques the habit

What I Wore: 
Hair Turban: Namrata Joshipura via Shopbop (similar here & here)
Pants: BCBG (similar here &  here & here)
Tee: Coco Made Me Poor tee from Unika, Coconut Grove (similar slogan tee here & here)
Bralette: Eberjay
Shoes: Enzo Karezza flats (still available on Amazon)
Bag: Croc embossed Rebecca Minkoff Mini Mac
Necklace: By Venezuelan designer Anabelle Semprum via The Habit Art, Coconut Grove (necklace is handwoven with colorful thread, and a gemstone attached at the base, there are so many color combinations to this necklace, all with different threading and gemstones.  So unique and pretty).

4 comments:

  1. great look, nice outfit.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool look! Love the turban! I also LOVE those pants! You styled this perfectly!

    xo, Kenya

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the hair turban and that way your entire outfit works so well with that style!

    I need to get my hands on one of those too.

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...