Tuesday, January 7, 2014

OOTD: How to Dress for a Wedding in December (In Florida)

Good morning! We had a great NYE celebration and the new year is off to a happy start.  One of my very good friends got married at the Jupiter Beach Resort on New Year's Eve! It was a super fun wedding to attend and the bride and groom were picture perfect! I,  of course, want to share 10,000 pictures of their wedding on here, but, I will resist the urge.  Instead, check out my style tips below on what to wear to a December wedding (in Florida).

Glitter Clutch Choo Resin


Here are some tips on what to wear to a December wedding:

Paola sandal Alice & Olivia
My shoes for the evening were the Alice & Olivia Paola sandals!




  • Jewel Tones: I love a good jewel tone color for fall.  I chose this deep purple Nicole Miller dress.  Attire was black tie optional which to me, means you wear a gown to the ground, baby! 

  • Sparkle: Add some extra flair to your outfit with sparkle!  I chose to keep my dress simple but my accessories glitzy.  I chose light blue sapphire earrings to compliment the purple dress, a diamond necklace, tri-colored bracelets, and shiny shoes and clutch. 

  • Cover Up: Because we have the luxury of having one of the warmest winters in recent history, I really did not even need to wear a shawl or jacket.  Depending on where the ceremony is taking place, you may choose to opt to cover your shoulders for the ceremony portion of the wedding.  Chic options include boleros, faux fur stoles, collars or tuxedo jackets.   Because it's December, you can really get away with something fancy in this department, that is warm and luxurious as well. 
Necklace Cartier Diamond Orchid




what to wear to a december wedding

Sorry about not getting any full length shots of the dress or any detail shots! We were having fun :)

What I Wore:
Dress: Nicole Miller dress (similar) (similar)
White Faux Fur Stole: Forever 21 (soldout) (similar) (similar) (similar)
Bracelets: Miscellaneous tri-colored bangles and rings c/o mom :)
Clutch: Tory Burch Acrylic Glitter Clutch (soldout) (similar) (similar)


2 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous, the deep plum is amazing on you and love your heels ;)

    xo
    http://pinksole.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...