Thursday, January 3, 2013

Design Element: Monogram Mania

Monogramming and initialing is on everything these days!  It seems that it's really gotten a boost in the last year or so.  My monogram love affair initially began with the Louis Vuittion Mon Monogram service.  I am a huge Vuitton fan, and their chic pieces with painted monograms? I could hardly resist. I mean, I could resist because my wallet required that I resist, but you get the point.
Louis Vuitton Mon Monogram - Left: Image from Google Images from the LV website; Right: Image from PurseBlog
The downside to monograms / initialing is there is little to no resale value in your pieces.  I know that many of you invest in bags and later on, down the road, decide to sell them.  If you're initials are on something, it obviously diminishes the marketability of the piece.  That's really the only downside I can see to this trend!

The monogram necklace/ pendant has been a huge hit in the fashion blogging community.  I own the original Jennifer Zeuner initial necklace (you know, the one that Lauren Conrad has in a larger size) and there is not a day that I wear it where I don't receive 10+ compliments on it.  Below are some cute picks that are in line with this trend.


1. Jennifer Zeuner Swirly Initial Necklace in large and medium size ( I have medium, check out this post for a size reference).
2. Miriam Merenfeld Modern Initial Necklace
3. Acrylic Block Cutout Necklace 
4. Lisa Stewart Serenity Bracelet
5. Miriam Merenfeld Modern Font Monogram Necklace
6. Monogram Iphone Case
7. Sugar Bean Jewelry Single Stud Earring
8. Monogramed Clutch from Esty for $20 from Monkey See Boutique. Adorable! (Do you guys love this idea and look or what!?).
9. Old Navy Monogrammed Sweater 

And a last minute add-in that didn't make the collage:


16 comments:

  1. Awesome I LOVE that necklace that you and Lauren Conrad have. I wish I could do more mongrams, but unfortunately I don't have a middle name :( It would look a little weird lol

    Your newest follower,
    Fanny
    www.pinstripedpenguin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am majorly obsessed with monograms! I used to think it was just a southern thing but now it's everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Monograms! :) These are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the monogrammed Old Navy sweater - so cute!

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love monogrammed things too... in fact, I got my boyfriend a monogrammed wallet for Christmas! Makes things a lot more personal!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great Post! I was recently just looking at getting a monogrammed personal life planner! This is a awesome site, with a lot of fantastic options! http://www.erincondren.com/store/index.php?cPath=1156 I would love to have some Louis Vuitton luggage with my initials one day, that's for sure! :)

    Great Post!

    xo KCN

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love monograms - I would love a monogrammed purse, though I think one set of initials on a purse would be enough, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monograms cluth is gorgeous! Love Jennifer Zeuner Swirly Initial Necklace as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a sucker for monograms.
    I have one in acrylic & another in silver, but I can never have enough! I've always loved yours :)

    http://www.melificent.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always sooo much fun to monogram all our stuff if we only could....& thanks for sharing these chic stuff!!!

    REBECCA
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am just over the moon about monograms and have been getting them on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the first one the best, its girly but also a statement. So cute :)

    xo Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute I love that necklace
    http://stylopoint.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice POst. i can't choose anyone i love all hahaha
    kisses
    sweetbubbles94.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE monogram... the LV is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...