Monday, July 25, 2016

New Urban Decay


Urban decay shadows Tonic Solstice Either Midnight Cowboy Rides Again Half Baked Scratch

Urban Decay has recently launched some new products. Their new eye shadowsUrban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid, and the Naked Skin One and Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector.


Urban Decay's Naked Skin Color Correctors in Lavender and Yellow


I've used UD shadows since I first began wearing makeup. They're some of my favorite in pigment and formula. They're smooth and velvety and the color range is awesome. There are about 60 + single shadow shades, divided into mattes, metallics, satins and shimmers.  Below, I have 6 swatched for you.

Clockwise:Half Baked, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Scratch, Tonic, Solstice, Ether



Half Baked, Midnight Cowboy Rides Again, Scratch




These took the internet by storm. Everyone rushed out to buy them and initially, they quickly sold out.  Now, they're back! There are a total of 5 color correctors.  They're lightweight, and are said to blur flaws, illuminate and brighten the skin. They contain vitamins C and E.

You have to know your basic skin undertone in order to select your best shade (I drew up a little chart below).  For example, I have red undertones, so I need the Green shade, which cancels out redness. If you have dull skin, that looks sallow, then you should try out both the Yellow and Lavender shades.  The best one for concealing under eye circles is the Peach.  If you suffer from hyperpigmentation or have dark spots then Pink is your color because it will help even out skintone and cover up dark spots. 


SKIN:
Red à
Green
Sallow à
Lavender
Dull à
Yellow
Under eye circles à
Peach
Hyperpigmentationà
Pink

I was sent lavender and yellow. Unfortunately, these were not the correct shades for my skin. However, in the name of beauty, I did use lavender to try to brighten my under eye area and then applied my regular foundation on top.  I went to work and after a full 8 hour day, this stuff was still intact. I applied by dotting and blending with a dampened Beauty Blender.

They come with a sponge-tip applicator that does not dispense too much product, which I appreciate. I prefer this over a pump, any day. 

Urban Decay Color Corrector in Yellow to brighten dull skin

Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid in Lavender
 


Naked Skin One and Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector comes in 6 shades.  This is a time saving product because the lightweight formula provides hydration, nourishing ingredients and more coverage than a BB or CC cream. It's the equivalent to a light to medium coverage foundation, but doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It can be built up with a beauty blender but oddly enough I prefer to apply this with my fingers.  I think this is great for the summer, when you don't want something heavy.  I was sent shades Light and Medium. Light is too light for me, it is the first shade in the range and for the most fair. Medium is perfect and does help to conceal some of the dark spots that I've got right now. I found that over time, this caked a bit around my nose and in the little lines on my forehead, but I can live with that. 

While I've been using Urban Decay for years,UD through PR, provided me with most of the products that appear in this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...