Monday, March 16, 2015

Beauty File: Clarins Spring Line 2015

I was turned on to Clarins makeup and products a few years back, when I started to care about fine lines, spots, and all that other fun stuff that emerges on your face in your late 20's early 30's. Reading about the science that went into concocting their makeup and skincare line was what got me hooked. I will always be a Clarins loyalist now.  Considering all of the vitamins, botanicals, and good "skin food" that goes into their products, it's actually refreshing to know that their price point is not as high as you would think. Companies like La Mer and La Prairie also follow a scientifically based ingredients routine, but as you are all aware, their price points can be unreachable for the average makeup and product junkie.

In today's post, I'm rounding up some the new Clarins Spring 2015 lip products below, with a focus on the new Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector (also available at Nordstrom)

Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector in shades
01 - Rose, 02 - Coral, 03 -My Pink, 04-Orange, 05 - Red, 06 - Rosewood




These are some of my favorite new lip products that I've tested.  They're the Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector, and while the name is a mouthful, these are really simple and beautiful. There's nothing fussy about them.  They make lips soft and bring moisture, while adding a light wash of color onto the lips; they melt in.  For the first time ever, every single shade in the set compliments my skin tone.  Even the darkest one, Clarins 06-Rosewood, looks pretty.  They take on your own lip color and make it better.  Clarins 01 - Rose, is the lightest with the most subtle hint of color.  My favorite is Clarins 03-My Pink.  They retail for $23.









The below images are of the new Clarins Instant Light Comfort Lip Oil.  These remind me a bit of the Juicy Tubes from Lancome, but they're less tacky and these have have beneficial properties, like 100% plant oils. They come in two colors: Raspberry (only available online) and Honey.  Honey is swatched below and while it is a golden color in the bottle, it actually applies somewhat translucently.  Raspberry has a little bit of a pinkish hue to it but mostly transparent as well.  These have a very large doe foot applicator which is supposed to mimic ones' finger.  On the lips, they're more like a gloss than an oil, in my opinion, but they're not too sticky.  They contain a list of great ingredients like JoJoba Oil, sunflower seed oil, Rosemary leaf extract and they're moisturizing. They retail for $23.











1 comment:

Leave me a note!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...